Today's "try this" in science was about camouflage and natural selection. It didn't quite work like the book said, but it was still fun and the M&Ms in our habitat are now extinct.
Friday, August 8, 2014
First Week of School
We started school officially on Monday. We did reading last week and I did some placement testing, but it wasn't really school. I wasn't sure what to expect with three personalities and three ability levels on Monday, but the week actually went really well. Don't get me wrong, Jaelyn was a snoot about reading, Caden cried over writing, and Allie did a whole lot of bouncing (did I mentioned their old doctor messed up her ADHD prescription? We are short a month and can't get into our new doctor until the end of September), but it sort of worked. We all read together first thing. We are reading the last book in the Half Upon a Time series (so much fun if you haven't read it). Then the kids did math, spelling, and journal writing pretty independently (love math lessons on the computer. After lunch, we did science and history. We are studying zoology for science. I think it's going to be a lot of fun. Right now, we are watching an American Revolution cartoon series called Liberty Kids. When we are done with it, we are going to do World Geography. Last year, I could wing it if I had to with Jaelyn, but with 3, I'm going to have to be much more organized. I'm predicting a great school year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Liberty's Kids is a fun series! My girls really enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have an amazing year!